Work With Technolutionary
New Systems Admin
Technolutionary is looking for a new staffer, capable of handling Tier 1 and automated tickets, as well as handling on-site and telephone support for our growing practice.
About the job
If you work at Technolutionary, you may have responsibilities at our clients all throughout our service area (Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Arlington County, Alexandria City, the District of Columbia, Prince George's County, Montgomery County, Howard County, and Anne Arundel County).
You should be able to get to client sites in a timely fashion, often more than one client per day. Our clients are medium-sized businesses, small businesses, and Mom-and-Pop shops, we have a varied set of sites. With the support of our team, and in collaboration with them, you will be responsible for desktop support and more at each client.
You should know your way around Macs and iOS, and know some of the basic troubleshooting tips and tricks for both of these platforms. You value responsiveness and dialogue with our clients. You are persistent in seeking solutions that not just good enough, but rather above and beyond the call.
We intend for this to be a learning opportunity for someone new to the IT Field. Some knowledge & experience is required, others will be considered positive. We do not require certifications.
The Knowledge (required)
- At least one year's experience in IT service
- Solid experience in Mac support
- Solid grounding in core Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Good troubleshooting ability
- Strong data privacy practices
- Empathy and understanding for technical issues
- Understanding of how to get answers on your own
The Knowledge (Nice To Have)
- Understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP)
- Understanding of the command line and bash, tcsh, or zsh
- Understanding of Voice over IP
- Experience in Windows support
- Experience with Munki and other software deployment systems
- Experience with Configuration Profiles and MDM
- Experience with Meraki Systems Manager or SimpleMDM
- Experience with large wireless networks
Benefits & Compensation
After a trial period as an hourly 1099 employee, salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience, to include paid vacation and holidays.
The importance of Diversity
Technolutionary deeply believes that diverse workplaces are valuable. We strongly encourage those with diverse backgrounds, diverse experiences, and diverse outlooks on life to apply to work here. We are a welcoming organization interested in people from all walks of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
How to apply
Email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org